Tuesday, 9 February 2010

My first effort at hand spinning!

I used a turkish hand spindle and dyed up some lovely BFL tops. I did a girly lot and a boy lot.

Here are the little boy tops:

and the little boy hand spun yarn (1 ply):

The little girl tops:

and the little girl hand spun yarn (1 ply):

................and now I am trying to decide as to whether to put the two together to form a bulky 2 ply yarn, but I am concerned that the blues may drown the subtle girly colours - oh decisions decisions!
Also this week are some newly dyed yarns:
Banoffee on merino DK:

Olivia beta on merino aran (a revamped version of the original olivia)

Anyway, back to the knitting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment